Front sprig leveling kit...

Jagered

So I picked these up a while ago and just curious about the install.
YouTube has you completely disconnecting everything and dropping the axle enough to pull the coil springs out... is that necessary? I seem to recall doing work on springs before (not a jeep) and all that would be overkill.

Thanks in advance! Screenshot_20220211-125817_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Jeepz.com mobile app

i try and remove as little as possible to do spring work. usually i can just unhook the shock and sway bar and push down with your leg and slide the spacer on top. and that's a two inch spacer. watch the brake line though. sometimes they are a little shorter and don't allow the droop you need

You could do that. You will likely need to remove the bump stop to fit them on. I did on TJ.
I bought spring compressor from HF. Worked well. Frame on jack stands. Unbolted both shock bottoms, sway bar connect both sides, removed bump stop, jacked the opposite side to force droop then compressed the spring.
Image1644605820.275004.jpg

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
that spring compressor looks way better than the ones i got from harbor freight. man, i need to upgrade

Bulky but I felt confident the compressors were not going to slip off.

You could do that. You will likely need to remove the bump stop to fit them on. I did on TJ.
I bought spring compressor from HF. Worked well. Frame on jack stands. Unbolted both shock bottoms, sway bar connect both sides, removed bump stop, jacked the opposite side to force droop then compressed the spring.

That's awesome... gonna check my local HF today!
Thanks

Also thought if I get the compressor on before jacking the body up... as the suspension falls, the springs will stay compressed at ride height.

As noted watch brake lines.

Also thought if I get the compressor on before jacking the body up... as the suspension falls, the springs will stay compressed at ride height.

Yes and you may still need some additional compression.

Back