Change of Badges (New Lift Installed at ECOR) Pics

PASmokeater

Congrats on your lift Tug!!!!! I too was a litlle busy yesterday.

Here are some pics of the actual lift. I also took many many pics, and am working with Darrin at East Coast Off Road and will soon post a TJ coil lift step by step install. (Maybe Terry will want it in the how to section lol)

Anybody looking for something I would highly recomend checking out ECOR..Darrin is a great guy, a fellow Jeeper, and a Jeepz member. They carry anything and everything, and you couldn't ask for a more helpfull, harder working bunch of guys.....THANKS DARRIN, NORM, and MIKE !!!!!!!!! ECOR "ROCKS" !!!!!!!!!!!!

EAST COAST OFF ROAD

Anyway...on to the pics

I think you all remember the Money Pit......

image-missing.png

Here's a shot with the front end done...she's growin' up !!!!!!!!!

image-missing.png

All grown up and lookin' good....I'm soooo proud

image-missing.png

Pic of Darrin...Master Modifier (Did I say Thanks LOL)

image-missing.png

Taking the newly dubbed (and well fitting lol) name of the Big Money Pit for a stretch

image-missing.png

Just a touch more flex than stock

image-missing.png

I thought this might show some "stuff"

image-missing.png

but this is where it's at !!!!!

image-missing.png

The Big Money Pit and Darrin's ECOR TJ

image-missing.png

Me and the Master Modifier .......... btw....I forgot my Truck nuts LOL.

image-missing.png

There she is....I'm taking her out to play today..so keep looking for pics, and the tech post will be comming soon.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

Very well done Rob. I'm very happy and PROUD of you
for sharing... Can't wait for the HOW TO.
Considering I want the same MOD before the end of July.
Well else can I say... BRAVO[addsig]

VERY NICE, Rob. Didn't I tell ya these guy know their sh*t??? :p [addsig]

VERY NICE, Rob. Didn't I tell ya these guy know their sh*t??? :p
Raven13xxx

Yes Sir, have to agree Darrin/ECOR
is proving it on alot of threads, welcome
another wealth of knowledge. Thanks
everyone.[addsig]

That looks great Rob.Thats exactly what I want to do too.Black wheels on a dark colored jeep,gotta love it. Sully[addsig]

Okay guys and gals......
Went out for a run in the Pines today,and did a little bit of flexing in the sand pits. Didn't get that many pics (infact, I didn't get any). Had some problems with the Jeep ( not lift realated). I must have lost my clutch on my cooling fan the other week in the deep water, and had to make a pit stop to replace it....A little bit of tweeking on the shifter linkages, and finally we were back on our way. A little bit of a sticky situation for a friend of mine, and after poping him out, we just ran outta time. Although I didn't get many pics, it was a great way to get a feel for the Jeep, and the massive (seems to me anyway, up from the stock 30" GSA's lol)33" Geolanders. I cant wait to see you guys down in Tennessee, and look forward to hitting the trails with all who can make it.

Now, some have asked about the particuars of the lift. The run down is as follows:

BDS 3" TJ Coil lift kit
Although the kit is listed as a three inch lift, Darrin swears that it's actually around four, and the pics don't lie lol. The kit includes everything, from the actual coils, to the 10 valve multi-stage shocks. A dropped pitman arm comes with the kit, as well as super easy front sway bar disco's.

BDS Duel Steering Stabilizer
This was an add on after I talked to Darrin about the effects of lifting that high. I had a chance to drive the vehicle both before and after the install of the stabilizer, and would make this a required item. Keeps the "Lifted drifting" in the wheel to almost nothing, and playing on the trails today, made for easy steering, without having the wheel yanked out of my hands.

Skyjacker Shift Relocater Bracket
The kit comes with a shift relocator bracket, and if you wanna go with it it wil work. After discussing with ECOR what I was planning to do with the Jeep, they suggested a bit of "Preventative Maintenence". The Skyjacker braket is alot more meatier. Has almost no chance of future bending, and will not have to be replaced or wear out. Bottom line.......minimal price for huge future piece of mind.
One note, Darrin had to modify the bracket, as they do not manufacture one for my transmission. This involves a plasma cutter, so make sure you have one (or something similer) near by.

15x10 AR-767 Rims (5)
Simple, black, easy to maintian. Also have chrome center caps and chrome lugs.

33"x 12.5 Yokohama Geolander AT tires (5)
Darrin was pretty open with letting me pick the tire ("After all....it's YOUR Jeep"), although he had some great advice and has vast amounts of personal experiance, and constant customer feedback. This is the only place he and I weren't on the same page. Not that we disagreed (he let me pick the tire wihtout any fuss lol), but he felt that the Micky Thompson's were the way to go, while I felt the Yoko's were more in line for me.

Yes, I did forget, am I'm very sorry and offer personal appologies to Raven. He was the one that hooked me up with ECOR, and is indeed looking out for his fellow Jeeper. His friends at ECOR could not have been more kind, caring, or proffessional (he he he ...... sorry guys had to chuckle at the professional part....Truck Nuts LOL).

I hope this helps, and as stated, I'm working on the writeup, but it might take a little bit as I'm dilegently working on the Jeepz week also.

BTW....I'm right outside of Philadelphia.

Rob :p :cool: :)

edited by: PASmokeater, Jun 15, 2003 - 06:11 PM[addsig]

Here is a pic of Norm...funny...I was there most of the day...and never really did see his face (like Wilson on "Home Improvement" lol), but got alot of shots of the back of his head lol

image-missing.png

Rob
:p :cool: :)

edited by: PASmokeater, Jun 15, 2003 - 06:35 PM[addsig]

Lift goes good with them red pinstripes, hehehehehe tug[addsig]

Bravo Bravo ..very nicely done and very nice pic's all I can say is Yeah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
:-O :-O [addsig]

Funny thing is Rob, that i work with Norm everyday and I only seem to see the back of his head also????[addsig]

Congrats.......Very nice job. Wish I had the loot to do the same to my TJ :-D
kphat

Rob, I hope Darrin gave you a GREAT DEAL. :-D
Especially with all of the wonderful 'advertising' :lol:

Seriously though, would one of you mind listing
the RETAIL cost of the mods. Regardless of what
you had to actually invest.?

Many of us TJ owners are contemplating our
different options, from Budget Boost - 10" Rock Crawlers.:-O

Might ECOR entertain the thought of a small consideration
for Jeepz Members, or group Buys.? a small percentage
for Nation Wide Active Advertising street/Trail.?

Can't blame a Jeeper for asking :lol:

Rob, I am soooo envious and happy for you.

Darrin, Keep it coming, Love the intel you provide.
[addsig]

As far as prices..the manufacturer prohibits advertising of prices (strictly enforced, and ECOR could get into trouble). I know it sounds far fetched, but I have to ask you all to trust me on this. Darrin is the man who would be able answer this, and since each lift kit is practicaly designed for specific Jeep/driver, a phone call might not be a bad place to start.

Rob :p :cool: :)

edited by: PASmokeater, Jun 16, 2003 - 02:42 PM[addsig]

Got some pics from the first test run......Thank you Greawulf.

Checking out the flex on the trail without the swaybar....still have yet to bottom out.

image-missing.png

Trying to find a place to hit bottom.

image-missing.png

Some strech, but still not loaded.

image-missing.png

Tug's right...I gotta learn how to do this gracefully.

image-missing.png

back still showing space

image-missing.png

This is one of my favorite pics

image-missing.png

Makes for easy working on the front end.

image-missing.png

The "Sticky" stuation

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Testing out the High-Lift as a winch.

image-missing.png

Spotter and 2 way radios for all...very good to have BOTH

image-missing.png

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

hey... nice pics... maybe next time we need to get pics of you pulling him out....lol! why should I have all the fun?[addsig]

Wahoooooooooooo we want more! we want more! we want more!

really nice pics can't wait to see more''''''''' :cool:

:-i
[addsig]

As far as prices..the manufacturer prohibits advertising of prices (strictly enforced, and ECOR could get into trouble). I know it sounds far fetched, but I have to ask you all to trust me on this. Darrin is the man who would be able answer this, and since each lift kit is practicaly designed for specific Jeep/driver, a phone call might not be a bad place to start.
Rob :p :cool: :) edited by: PASmokeater, Jun 16, 2003 - 02:42 PM

Copy,
can't blame the query though, ..

But I can't see how it would hurt to say, over/under
500, 1000, 1500, 2000, + for these types of MODs,
FROM ANY MANUFACTURE.

You know me, already tried ECOR's web page,
list all types of lifts / applications
with no prices... Does ECOR have a Print Catalog>???

Put me on the mailing list Darrin, PM me I'll give you the
addres. Thanks in advance, just trying to comparison shop,
whithout a picture and prices, I just get lost in text.[addsig]

Back