'95 YJ Rear Frame Update Suggestions

Lightningman

Hi.

I am getting ready to repair the rusted rear frame of my '95 YJ.

Eventually, I would like to make this jeep something that I can drive on the street (Limited duty only) and use at the local Off Road Park.

So, before I buy a kit to repair the rear frame, should I look at changing/upgrading/improving the rear frame area for future mods, instead of bringing it back to stock?

I'm not sure what the future mods would be (I know that really helps), but are there some common improvements that I should consider?

I would appreciate any recommendations.

Kindest regards,

Brian

Welcome to the club!

I have no idea because usually if a frame is in need of those kid of repairs here, it goes to the junkyard. It means someone drove it through the surf and it rotting inside out and who knows where else

Sorry that I cannot help

Hey SuperJ.

Thank you for the welcome.

If you live in the Midwest, we don't have that option. A lot of the YJ's here have rusted frames, so we just fix 'em.

Kindest regards,

Brian

Welcome to the club!

I have no idea because usually if a frame is in need of those kid of repairs here, it goes to the junkyard. It means someone drove it through the surf and it rotting inside out and who knows where else

Sorry that I cannot help

that is what i have read.

i have read that a mod people do is to get longer rear leaf springs and move the rear mount back a certain amount. but i think that is for serious off-roading mods where they are putting huge tires on and cutting the body up

I just recently did my rear frame ends. I got the stuff from Taboo Customs. He also posted a well informed video of the process involved. I was a little intimidated before I started but I was surprised that I got everything done for both sides in about six hours. I dropped my tank and used a lift. Also be sure you have the correct spring bushings. The ones I ordered only fit the stock size spring eye. I had to wait a few days to completely finish the job.

Attachments

• frame 1.jpg
    frame 1.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Frame 2.jpg
    Frame 2.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Frame 3.jpg
    Frame 3.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 29
  • Frame 4.jpg
    Frame 4.jpg