Lift for disabled person

Tim73

Hi everyone. My Fiancé has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS). She enjoys my JLUR 2020 but I need to soften the suspension up. I cant be rock crawling or hitting bumps at high speeds with her. So she asked is it possible to soften up my stock suspension so we can go offroad on gravel roads and travel around. Her condition is very severe, so we wont be doing anything crazy.

With that sad, I am looking to upgrade my suspension so it can ride as smooth as possible on gravel roads. Can you all assist with recommendations and questions?

Thank you.
Tim

Every suspension lift I've seen has been rougher than stock. Having said that, I really only have experience with Rough Country lifts.

You can lift your Jeep with a body lift, about 1 to 1.5 inches - this will lift the body, and allow for larger tires, but will keep all of the stock suspension in place. This would be an excellent place to start. You may be able to fit 35 inch tires on your JK, and have all the lift you need without changing the suspension at all.

old man emu systems are known for their nice ride versus stock and other lift brands. their springs made a heck of a difference on my 87 wrangler with leaf springs and if you can make leaf springs ride nice, you can do anything.

Agree^^ call OME and discuss with them. Also there are variable sway bars and shocks.
Like rancho shocks that you dial in stiffness. Bilstein as well.
Then consider seating and harnessing belts.

Consider talking to a place that fabs custom seats for health conditions. Or is there is a support group for the condition. Those members may have gone through similar actions.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Also consider airing down tires when off road to ~15 psi to soften the ride some.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back