Clutch issues

JaredHB

I have my 2010 wrangler sport jk and I had my clutch replaced once due to it being the original with the car and then had it replaced again due a horrible mechanic and the new one he installed he did it wrong and it’s already almost worn with less than 15k miles on it. I would warranty it with him but he also installed my engine wrong so I don’t wanna deal with it. I am looking for anew clutch right now but what is the difference between a $100 one and a $500 one. I don’t ride my clutch and I down shit very well in my opinion. I mainly use my Jeep for street use but the biggest strain I put on it is when I use my winch to help people on the beach. What would be the best clutch for this? Any feedback really helps thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

i have always just bought a clutch kit off rockauto and installed them myself. just a mid level kit, and i have never had any trouble from them. i have used them on multiple i4 and i6 bmws and my son's v6 s10, as well as my i4 sonoma. if i ever have to do the clutch in my ranger, i will use their kits as well.

i have always just bought a clutch kit off rockauto and installed them myself. just a mid level kit, and i have never had any trouble from them. i have used them on multiple i4 and i6 bmws and my son's v6 s10, as well as my i4 sonoma. if i ever have to do the clutch in my ranger, i will use their kits as well.

How hard is doing it by yourself? I don’t have power equipment just basic socket sets

I used LUK.
Do not machine the pressure plate. At least the TJ has a cupping to it that reduces chatter.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

i used regular hand tools and a small rolling jack, like they sell at walmart. i cannot think of needing anything particularly special for replacing a clutch. the hardest part is getting the transmission lined back up when reinstalling it because you have to get the splines input from the transmission into the output in the clutch and also line up the bolt holes. i use the jack and a ratchet strap to hold the transmission once i get it lined up, until i get a few bolts in place

the clutch kit should come with a clutch alignment tool so it centers the clutch when you are putting it all on the back of the engine. if it doesn't, i just eyeball it and its always worked but i have seen people use a broomstick handle cut down, too

where are you at? maybe some of hte local jeep guys can do a work day and be there to help out?

we used to do that here in corpus. we did it at my house a few times to install lifts for people and the girls would sit under the tree and drink and talk while the guys did the installs. someone would also run the bbq

where are you at? maybe some of hte local jeep guys can do a work day and be there to help out?

we used to do that here in corpus. we did it at my house a few times to install lifts for people and the girls would sit under the tree and drink and talk while the guys did the installs. someone would also run the bbq

I’m actually in corpus lol. I didn’t even know what was a thing here

Yes, third coast jeepers meets at the new taco place down from gold's gym, but in the other side. Fuzzy tacos or something like that but you can look them up in fb too.

I think they are doing topless day soon so you can meets tons of people at that, too

I think they are doing topless day soon
I can't read that with out remembering and have a chuckle. A friend of mine's wife is very conservative. When asked what she did over the weekend she replied 'rode around the mountain topless' Of course that got some wide eye looks from her non jeeper friends.

now back to your regular scheduled programing

You can just show up to the Thursday night meet up at cruzys (I remember the name of that taco place) or just join the group on Facebook and they will put you on the list for the meet ups. I think they meet at 630 or 7 on Thursday at that taco place.

I can't go because I ride with that huge cycling club that is always bike riding down ennis joslin and around to the back gate of the base on Tuesday and Thursday.

My son just graduated from a+m today. We are done with school till my youngest son comes back from the army in 2 years

You can also call sinister quto and ask how much for the clutch to get changed Robert and Tammy are big jeep people. Tammy drives that orange jk with the huge cage and stuff around it. She has been in the jeep club since it started, I believe.

Or trucker's world. My friend Eric owns that place and they do all kinds of lifts and maybe will do the clutch for you.

A dude is opening a shop here in the bluff for people to be able to work on their vehicles. It's just a shop with tools and lifts and you rent the bays to do whatever you need to do. It's right next to the VFW off Nas and left on jester st.

You can just show up to the Thursday night meet up at cruzys (I remember the name of that taco place) or just join the group on Facebook and they will put you on the list for the meet ups. I think they meet at 630 or 7 on Thursday at that taco place.

I can't go because I ride with that huge cycling club that is always bike riding down ennis joslin and around to the back gate of the base on Tuesday and Thursday.

My son just graduated from a+m today. We are done with school till my youngest son comes back from the army in 2 years

Alright. Also I have definitely seen that bike group lol

Back