Exhaust Pipe Dented Need to Replace?

NVDesertJeeper

Hello All, I bought an axle back exhaust system and when I went under to remove the old noticed a dent in the exhaust pipe up further than I was going to replace. Is this enough to affect performance and I need to get a cat-back system? 07' Wrangler JK 2DR.

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_104517759.jpg
    IMG_20220624_104517759.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

That looks like it's a placed dimple because it gives clearance for something. But it's also very old so I wouldn't worry about it.

Looks like an OEM dent for clearance. There shouldn't be any issues with the new axle-back exhaust system

Thanks. the bolt holding the factory exhaust is seized despite copious amounts of WD-40 and brute force. I've gone after it with a wire brush and removed all the rust I can as well. Any suggestions to getting the bolt off?

you will probably have to cut it if all the stuff you did did not help

I would suggest soaking it with pb blaster and letting it sit over night. Hit it a couple times throughout an evening with the blaster. Try it again the next day. If all else fails use a torch and heat it up and see if it will break loose. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

PB blaster and a torch. Get the bolt moving a little. Soak and rock back and forth from tight to loose until you clear out enough rust.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:

PB Blaster is a LOT better than WD40! That is what I use first, when that isn't enough I get out my torch.

Back