Jeep Wrangler tailgate removal

Should be pretty easy to get it off. I think there are just two hinges on the passenger side.

Terry, now you know as well as I those hinge bolts are rusted terrrible shape, I suggest explosives set under neath each hinge.

With stubborn rusted bolts I like to sauce them down with PB Blaster several times in the days leading up to the work. Rapping them with a hammer can help while trying to turn them. When all else fails use heat [torch] but being a body panel that needs to be done with care.

The bolts are torx so be sure to clean the torx star of paint. Get a good sharp corner bit that fits tight. Heat the bit and bot while bit is in to loosen rust or any loctite used.
Work bolts back and forth while heating snd soaking in pb blaster or penetrating oil of choice.

We all assumed you meant how.
Were you looking for an idea like flip-down or solid rear???

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

its easy to swap to a better looking tailgate while you have the one removed. i changed my yj to a cj tailgate, back when i had a yj. my son wants to change the tj to a cj tailgate now, too, since i kept the cj one when i sold my yj

its easy to swap to a better looking tailgate while you have the one removed. i changed my yj to a cj tailgate, back when i had a yj. my son wants to change the tj to a cj tailgate now, too, since i kept the cj one when i sold my yj

All those j’s. Super j’s

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back