Transmission jumps out of oberdrive

Retcfdff162

I have a 2011 Wrangler Unlimited with 276,000 miles that has had all services performed at almost every due point, especially the automatic transmission. At around 45 mph, it jumps out and back into overdrive. A shop recommended rebuilding and that did not cure type problem. Next up was the main computer, again no luck. Has anyone else had this problem I am out over $5000 and still have the issue.

What size tires and gearing? All stock?

Many write of this and rough ride/drivetrain. Check trans fluid. It could be the point the Torque Converter locks. Does it continue at higher rpm or speeds?

Other is clean the OD button.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
i read that was common on the tj transmission after mine started upshifting and downshifting when it got to od. i had to buy some additive for the fluid and it stopped it. transmission shifts perfectly now

i realize yours is not a tj, just commenting though so you could maybe try that additive. its called something like lube guard shudder fix

Ok everybody, I still have the same problem. Even though I had a Jasper rebuilt installed, then a solenoid pack, followed another rebuilt and solenoid pack. Fast forward almost 2 years and still no luck. Jasper says it is a wiring problem but I took my Jeep to a transmission shop and had them check everything once again. All of the previous suggestions were presented to them. They check wiring and in some cases used jumper wires to bypass original wiring. They told me the transmission is trying to go into 3rd and 4th gears at the same time. Since it looks like the transmission wiring is ok, is there any other wiring that could cause this problem? Or is there some other wiring not usually associated with the transmission that could be the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz.com mobile app

I wonder if a hand held tuner or a custom tune could force it to operate correctly. I have a Diablo i3?tuner on my Chevy pickup and it has shift point adjustments in it. Hope you get it figured out!

Ok everybody, I still have the same problem. Even though I had a Jasper rebuilt installed, then a solenoid pack, followed another rebuilt and solenoid pack. Fast forward almost 2 years and still no luck. Jasper says it is a wiring problem but I took my Jeep to a transmission shop and had them check everything once again. All of the previous suggestions were presented to them. They check wiring and in some cases used jumper wires to bypass original wiring. They told me the transmission is trying to go into 3rd and 4th gears at the same time. Since it looks like the transmission wiring is ok, is there any other wiring that could cause this problem? Or is there some other wiring not usually associated with the transmission that could be the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back