Help finding a part

JaredHB

So I tried to go 4 wheeling today and I couldn’t switch into 4wd and my shifter was loose. I kee my center console unscrewed for this very thing but my transfer case bushing was still intact and good so I know it has to be the one connected the cable to the actual transfer case but cannot find the name of the part If you know please tell me. It’s for a 2010 Jeep Wrangler JK

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Shift linkage

BtW. This often goes bad or the cable pops out
Its a linkage bushing
Image1660528852.401070.jpg

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

I also have a 2010 JK and the bushing is the same on both ends of the cable. I've had to replace the transfer case side once and the shifter side twice.

The book says you need to remove the skid plate but if you can work blind and get your hand in there you can replace it without removing the plate. Not easy but IMO better than having to do extra work.

I also have a 2010 JK and the bushing is the same on both ends of the cable. I've had to replace the transfer case side once and the shifter side twice.

The book says you need to remove the skid plate but if you can work blind and get your hand in there you can replace it without removing the plate. Not easy but IMO better than having to do extra work.

Thanks! I’ll probably do it that way then

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

i think morris 4x4 and any of the other off road places will have one, looking at google really quickly. it seems advanced adapters makes one, though it is expensive.

Back