Traction control

JaredHB

So the other day I was off roading and was kind of just doing things jeeps shouldn’t do (donuts) in my 2010 Jeep Wrangler but when I turned traction control off whenever I started to spin out it would kick back on and pump my brakes. Does anyone know why jeeps do this or if it can be disabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

there might be something else you have to turn off also. i am trying to think what its called so you can check if you have it.

my son has to do two items when he autocrosses. one is traction control and one is.... man, i cannot remember what the other thing is he has to turn off. stability control. thats it. see if you have that button also

there might be something else you have to turn off also. i am trying to think what its called so you can check if you have it.

my son has to do two items when he autocrosses. one is traction control and one is.... man, i cannot remember what the other thing is he has to turn off. stability control. thats it. see if you have that button also

Wow I had no idea jeeps had that and it’s like a hidden thing to be turned off I’m going to check mine

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

If I remember correctly the stability control button is on the right side gauge [tach]. You keep pushing that button until stability control comes up, then hold it in to turn it off. the reverse to turn it back on. It's discussed in the owners manual if you have one. I never turn mine off but the only off roading I do is my mountain driveway.

Last edited:
Back