2021 Rubicon acceleration issues

jball

I have a 2021 Rubicon JL that has been in the shop for 3 months. I get it back for a day or 2 max before returning it. Here is my issue..Please help!

Loses acceleration, when trying to give more gas, the vehicle does not respond. You can hear it trying but it just does not go any faster. If I pull over, turn jeep off, open gas cap, replace gas cap,
start jeep up, it will now run fine for several miles before happening again. Code p0087 - Fuel Rail Pressure too Low

They have replaced the fuel pressure sensor, fuel injector pump, fuel pump/level unit, and soldered the fuel pump accelerator switch.(This is what my paper work states)

After replacing the fuel pump...my gas needle does not go above 3/4 of a tank.

Am considering contacting a Lawyer for lemon law, however I have put sooo much into my Jeep and I really just want it fixed.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

If you go lemon law look it up for your state. Everyone is slightly different.

Are you getting any codes?
Misfire. O2 too lean?

Have you modified the engine, PCM, chip, intake, injectors or fuel system?

From what you describe the tank is not pressurizing. So as the fuel pump builds pressure in the line and fuel is consumed the tank is going into a vacuum instead of normal pressure.
I had this happen to a weed-eater/string trimmer. The gas cap has a rubber valve. Basically split rubber so when pressure goes low it sucks air in.

I would think you could monitor fuel pressure and see it tail off when this occurs and jump back up to normal if you open the gas cap. I assume opening the gas cap there is a gasp or air suck noise. So the rubber gummed up and the valve would not let air in. The engine would run for 15 min then quit until the cap was opened.

If this is the case check the tank vent line for being blocked or crimped.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
After replacing the fuel pump...my gas needle does not go above 3/4 of a tank.

They probably bent the gauge float arm while replacing the pump. Not a big deal, just an annoyance.
Hope you get it resolved soon, I assume this is all under warranty.

Get this corrected yet?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back