Lighting wires - side marker/courtesy/turn

I like these fuse block taps:

Fuse block taps on Amazon

71pBLxC9HAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

From there you can plug into the headlights in your fuse block, or whatever circuit you want.

How many Watts are all the lights?
Light bar can be setup a few different ways.
First use a relay to control the voltage to them. The signal to the relay should be on a ignition power. So key off lights off.
I recommend an inline fuse from the power-bus on the fusebox under the hood for the lights. The signal to the relay through a switch taped using what Terry shows off a ign power.
Be sure proper gauge wire for power and ground to the lights.

PS KC hilites sells a nice wiring set for lights.
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

This is similar to the ones I have ... instructions I read have you drilling in from underneath and accessing the wires running along the side to the rear lights, I believe there is a cluster of wires right under the trim if you pop it off.Screenshot_20221114_124914_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

By light bar I was thinking this:

Image1668558370.319476.jpg

:shades:
... so now you understand my dilemma. I'm sure I could poke around and test each wire but was hoping someone had a wiring diagram showing color codes.
cheers!

:shades:
... so now you understand my dilemma. I'm sure I could poke around and test each wire but was hoping someone had a wiring diagram showing color codes.
cheers!

Wiring diagram of what? The entire jeep?
Like the off road lights you could wire the same. 40W relay with a switch on the trigger side from a ign powered fuse. Then the power from the battery thru a fuse to the relay from the relay to the lights then ground.

If you want them to always light off of the marker lights tap the trigger from there. You could still go through a switch in the event you do mot always want them on.

I'm not much up on electric, but. I think you just need one wire connected to your parking light wire ,then a ground wire to the frame.

This is a sidestep light strip that acts as a courtesy/turn/running light... so needs to be tapped into the lighting for all of that stuff. :)

To do more than a marker snd blinker more circuitry is needed.
To get these two a top off of the blinker to the relay signal will do it.

Yes.
No relay should be needed as it gets power from each circuit, hence why I have to dive into the wires. I found a schematic and will tinker with it more on a warm day.
Cheers!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Is this from the packaging of what you have?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back