New winch for my JKU Recon

prariepunk

20230305_133330_20230312232459111.jpg

I got the ok to get a winch for the Jeep. I grabbed the Badlands Apex 12,000. Now I'm just waiting on better weather to make my kids (10m & 18f) install it ��

Last edited:

I got the ok to get a winch for the Jeep. I grabbed the Badlands Apex 12,000. Now I'm just waiting on better weather to make my kids (10m & 18f) install it

Awesome! Need pics of it in action.
Get some tree savers and block snatches.

Long time no post!

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Awesome! Need pics of it in action.
Get some tree savers and block snatches.

Long time no post!

I have a bag of recovery stuff from my last Jeep & that has a tree saver, some tow straps and shackles in it. I'm thinking about adding a kinetic rope to it.

Does that Badlands have a wire or synthetic rope? I'm thinking of replacing my wire rope with synthetic on my Warn. The synthetic seems safer.

My son installed mine along with a new bumper. It was a total surprise.

Check out the Project Farm YouTube channel. He just reviewed winches a few episodes ago....surprising results and fun to watch.

Does that Badlands have a wire or synthetic rope? I'm thinking of replacing my wire rope with synthetic on my Warn. The synthetic seems safer.

My son installed mine along with a new bumper. It was a total surprise.

Check out the Project Farm YouTube channel. He just reviewed winches a few episodes ago....surprising results and fun to watch.

I went with synthetic, it was only about $50 more.

Ha ha ha, that will be a blast

Badlands winches have always tested well in those comparison videos. I remember some YouTube guy tested them against the big name brands 10 or 12 years ago and they did very good

I watch Matt's Off Road Recovery and Fab Rats and a bunch of others that use them a LOT more than I will.

That's awesome - wish I had a winch.
There's a Harbor Freight about 15 minutes from my house, and I get stuck on the LED lightbar / Winch aisle all the time.

20230319_162945.jpg

Here it is installed. I think I'm going to drill a 3/4" hole in the passenger side of it to route the cables away from the grill.

20230319_162958.jpg

Last edited:
Looks sharp.

How heavy is it loaded!

It's probably about 125 lbs all said & done with the in frame winch plate. It was a really tight fit to get the nuts started on the inside of the bumper with the winch plate blocking access to them.

Back