Engine Mounts

paintmaine

Ok, ive asked like 40 people this question and gotten 40 different answers. Its been said, or at least ive heard, the Jeep Engine Mounts fit Chevy Smallblock engines.... is this true? Someday i'd love to throw a small block in, with dana 44's and a 3 inch lift.... mmmmm. Is this an insane amount of work, and just where can dana 44 axles be found?
Also, does anyone know if they will rhino-line the inside of the wrangler and what a price range would be? thanks.

(im driving a 97 TJ 4 banger)[addsig]

Not sure on the engine mounts, but someone
here will help with that....

Rhino liner on the other hand,,,,,

They spray jeeps all the time,
inside and some OUTSIDE too. :-O

Inside, depending if you do the prep
or not ranges say $300 - $500+ ???
Depending on your area, condition, etc.

There are many write ups on Herculiner...
AutoZone, Walmart etc... $100 or so,
you do the prep and paint the liner, how
you choose.

For more on Herculiner, try search on the
menu to the left...

Good luck, either way, it beats carpet.[addsig]

you can do the liner yourself... its not tough, just takes time.... as for lining the outside... that is the step i will be taking after my rust repair work[addsig]

Motor mounts aren't interchangable, you'll need new conversion mounts like those offered by Advance Adapters :-D

An engine swap is an insane amount of work, tough to do and tough to keep it legal with emissions.

You'll get more replies if you keep your questions in a post to a minimum. Too many questions in one post make it difficult to answer and follow. Post as many different messages as you wish, you'll do better.

What size tires you planning on using with 3" of lift? If their under 35", the stock axles should work fine for most wheelin.[addsig]

I've been looking into doing a small block and transmission switch in the furture. I have the 350 and 465 transmission and I'm still looking at around $1200 - $1500 for adapter, motor mounts, wiring, and exhaust. :cool: [addsig]

Buy herculiner and do it your self! You will have the satisfaction of doing it your self, ge the results you want and save a bundle of money. I know to spray a pckup bed, It is about $400+ depending on the company applying it, the brand you choose.

Johnny[addsig]

I was thinking Dana 44's because a V8 engine i was told could easily twist out the dana 30 and 35 that come with the jeep. Yeah, i think i'll do the herculiner, im all about doing all the jeep work myself. [addsig]

I put a 350 in my '88 YJ, the stock transmission and axles held up fine under mild Midwest wheelin with 33" Buckshot Mudders.

Consider using a motor/transmission/transfer case combo from a donor vehicle, it will install easier and save major $$ on adapters.[addsig]

Back