Laptop mount for a jeep wrangler thats a stick?

chinto

does anyone know of a place i can get a laptop mount for a 91 jeep wrangler im workn on maken my laptop into a gps and got pritty much every thing but the stand, and i cant find any that look like they would work, any suggestions? thanks for the help.!xcrunner30@hotmail.com[addsig]

I ran across a Jeep site the other day that had this on there. The guy used the laptop, with some sort of wireless network and gps to plot his travels. Had everything from the bracket to the software. I don't even know where to begin to tell you to look, but it was a technical section of a Jeep board such as this. Maybe jeepforum.com or jeepboard.com

If I find it again, I will be sure to reply.[addsig]

Pretty nice set up.......now I wonder if there is a way to get my PC mounted to the Dash........ :lol: [addsig]

STEELERMAN, this is a 4-wheeling site. Findong a way to install a laptop in a Jeep can be part of 4-wheeling. He will be using the PC as a GPS gadget. In my opinion, that is a very smart thing to do. You wouldn't want to be lost out in the trail and not be able to get back to a public highway. Safety first! -Al

edited by: K_K_PSI_GUY, Jun 25, 2003 - 07:45 PM[addsig]

chinto
Not sure exactly the type or cost of bracket your looking for. Ran a search for "Automotive computer mounting brackets" and came up with this.

Click here for mounting brackets

Were here to help, although we Jeep to get away from computers. :lol:
[addsig]

4 wheel site???

Gee let me think, what would
actually be a better tool for wheelin,..

a Laptop, plugged into GPS and the
WWW. COOL I'm never getting lost.
Great idea.

might an Inverter be a nice redundancy,
incase the battery on the cpu goes low?

===================
or a Chrome lightbar with attitude.
high enough to get the snot beat
out of it by the trees, and bright
enough to blind the driver from
windshield glare. :-O

[addsig]