window leak.....how do I stop it????

rtoney9

My passenger side window (the part that can be turned out) leaks. I have looked at the seal and it looks fine, but water still falls in my floorboard when it rains. How can I stop this?? besides buying new window weatherstripping.[addsig]

You can try a little vaseline on the rubber. Sometimes the rubber is just dried out. It works on sunroofs all the time.[addsig]

I have the same problem. I tried a couple of things hat did not work. I ended up just caulking it shut.[addsig]

You could open the window, put black silicone around the weatherstripping, smooth it over with your finger and let it dry completely before shutting the window. You'll have made a new, thicker weatherstrip. Thats what I did and it works great....one thing that you could do to get a really good fit is wait till the silicone is about 75% dry (dry on the outside but still not completely hardened on the inside) and lightly close the window but not all the way to make the silicone mold to the shape of the window.[addsig]

Do you have 1/2 doors or Full doors?

For 1/2 doors:
Open the door and put you knee against the inside of the lower door. Grab the top half of the door (the metal frame with the upperdoor skin) and pull the top of the window towards you. Do this slowly and bend the frame slightly. You may have to repeat this untill you get a good seal. This is how it is done at the Factory.

Good Luck!!

Oops!! You are a YJ :-D I don't know exactly how those windows work :) don't mind me. I did leave the post for anyone that has a TJ though. :)

edited by: L33TJ33P, Jul 02, 2003 - 08:40 AM[addsig]

Back