What tires for...

Pheel

You gys must be sick of this kind of question but I have to ask

I need 31" tires for my daily driver (stock 98 Sahara) they have to be good for all seasons.
Lots of snow, medium mud.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance[addsig]

I am running Bridgestone Dueler ATs right now. I do not experience snow but they pullled my Jeep through some good, thick, Alabama mud/clay mix last winter. I am putting on some Cooper Discoverer STs pretty soon. I like the duelers, but I want something a little more aggressive and more reliable. the Dueler is a good tire I just had some close calls with it in AL. The Duelers are a pretty penny though. $500.00+
mine were on the jeep when I bought it but I checked at getting another set before I found the Cooper tire. Cooper has a good looking tire for what you are needing. visit www.coopertires.com. and go from there.[addsig]

BFG's Yokohma's ProComp's the list is long. All have faitfull cult like followers. There is a million web sites about what to buy and what is good for what uses. I am going to find a set of All Terains to run for the most part and keep my Mickey Thompson Baja Claws for special trail rides on a different set of wheels. I have seen both the Yokos and BFG on and off the road and either one seems great. The Yoko's are the most impressive dual use tire I have seen. I hear the Pro Comps come with a 50K milage deal. Who is to bless and who is to blame here. Good luck in your quest. tug[addsig]

So far I LOVE the Yoko's...hit almost all the trails in 2wd, and even backwards through some mud holes...still have yet to get stuck. The ride on the road is excellant, with no change in road noise from the stock GSA's.

Just my opinion,

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

is that the geolander at's your talking about? That tread doesnt look that aggressive.[addsig]

Looks can be decieving my friend...ask those who attended the Jeepz Trail week in Tennesee. I love the trail capabilities of the Geolanders.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

I wasnt in TN for the ride but i can vouch for the Yoko's... they grip as well as my pirelli scorpions..... who knows.. next time i get stuck, stumpy may be pulling me out (not that i get stuck often, i'm usually the one pulling... check the pics on my website of me pulling the deuce out)

edited by: graewulf, Jul 12, 2003 - 06:29 PM[addsig]

Hey kraken .....you know the little bully down the street that beats up everyone but doesnt look like he could fight anyone. Well yoko's are that guy. The dont look agressive doesnt mean they arent! Yokos kick @ss on the trail and are sweet on road and after seeing them in action i plan on getting them!

~~CHRIS~~[addsig]

That tread doesnt look that aggressive.

Nor does a pistol till it is pointed at your head. Then a 38 looks like a canon! The Geolanders are a great combo tire that grips like a monkey! tug

edited by: Tug-n-pull, Jul 12, 2003 - 08:25 PM[addsig]

Back