radio on my yj

mandarrin

i got a cd player on my jeep 89 yj and when i turn off my jeep and turn it back on the cd player does not start on the song i was listening to,in other words i have to trun my cd player on every time i turn on my jeep.

thanks [addsig]

Yep sounds like your Orange cable has an issue. At least I think the "Always-on" is the OJ

Good way to check this is set the clock. If you have to re-set it every time you start your Jeep you know that is the Issue.

edited by: L33TJ33P, Jul 18, 2003 - 11:13 AM[addsig]

If your 'constant on' wire is hooked up right, then it's just the way the radio is made.[addsig]

yeah i actually have to resest the clock everytime and there is a wire that says always on,but where does that wire go to?[addsig]

man you lost me there,unswitch feed.....whattt :-? :-? :-? :-? [addsig]

It goes to the positive side of the battery in your jeep, BUT there should be a fuse in-line before it gets to the battery terminal so you radio doesn't blow up.[addsig]

ok i think i get it know thanks for all your help guys i'll let you know how it went[addsig]

Turn of your Jeep. No key in the ignition. Get a voltage tester and look for a wire under the dash (there should be one in the radio harness) and look for a 12 V. power source. Once you find it, splice into it and you should be fine. If it is on the car, it will have a fuse in it.-Al[addsig]

Did you have this same problem with your
last radio???? If so you might wanna check the
harness :-D [addsig]

wuuuuhuuu i fix my radio thanks for all of you who help.

Back