Oil and Filters

punkerjeep

Any particular brand of Oil Filter you guys use?

I've been using the generic filter from Canadian Tire (Canadian chain obviously), and had no problems with it, though the jeeps still early in life - its a 2001 TJ

Also use Castrol 10w30 pretty much year round.

Any thoughts?

[addsig]

Penzoil ---- cause I get it free at work
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Take a look at this link. It may be a little dry with all the details but it is well worth the time to protect your engine.

www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/oil_filter_study

I hope the link works

Think for just a few moments. How much are you willing to spend for to protect the engine in your jeep. Or would you rather put in a new engine. Time to stop thinking.

Ed
image-missing.png
[addsig]

a couple of years ago consumer reports did a good article on filters and oil. the filter that came out on top was fram. they rated the filter on the ability to filter, not what it looks like on the inside. as far as the oil, this stuff has advance far enough that the leading name brands are about equal in quality. [addsig]

Eddie, that was some great info on the oil filter thing, thanks a million [addsig]

I use the Fram filter and Quakerstate semi-synthetic motor oil for 4x4 engines, its kept my engine running smooth....Nice to see a Fellow punk driving a jeep, should be more of us around then there are![addsig]

Back