Looking for body frame mounts

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member

anyone know where I can get two of these for a good price? Quadratec is the only place that seems to have them, and it costs $116 with shipping.

image-missing.png
[addsig]

They're pretty straight forward and simple to make out of 1/8" plate steel, a torch for heating and bending the steel and a hole saw to cut the holes. If you only need 2 of them, the steel will probably run you about $5
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I think I'm just going to buy them for quadratec, as I can't find them anywhere else. The metal on them seems too think to cut with snips, and to be honest with you, I don't even know where I'd get the flat metal from.[addsig]

A basic jig saw with a 14 TPI blade cuts the 1/8" steel nicely, and you can find a local steel yard in your yellow pages. Just tryin' to help.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Just a side-note here, but I think it's pretty bold of QT and these other places to charge so much for the mounts as well as all the other stuff they sell. As a retailer of Jeep parts and a fabricator as well, I know that the mount kit costs about $8-$10 for the steel and about 1-2 hours of fab time. $50 sounds a lot more reasonable to me, but then again, that's why I started my own business and stopped buying from QT and 4wd.

Sorry if I sound bitter, but I hate getting ripped off and hate seeing other people getting ripped off as well.

Tim[addsig]

I am in the same situation as Terry. QT has the item, and we need it. If you can make a set just as strong to specs, and for $50, I think you could make a couple of sales here
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Sorry if I came on a little strong in my last post.... My trusty old compressor finally croaked and I was waiting for my new Hausfeld 80 Gal unit to show up. I've been "on the shelf" for a few days now because of that and I guess it got to me a little bit.

To the business at hand.... As far as "just as strong" goes, 1/8" streel is basically 1/8" steel so strength is not a problem. I have a fully equipped shop and I've made about 10 sets of these mounts over the 10+ years that I've been restoring Jeeps, so I guess if there is enough interest, I would do them for $50/set + S&H

If you guys are seriously interested, drop me an e-mail at PTASales@optonline.com and we'll go over the particulars.

Tim

PerformanceTruckandAuto.com[addsig]

Hey guys,

I forgot to mention that I can also get all the sheet metal parts, including full length side panels, complete floor panels with all the supports (front & Rear). I haven't seen those listed on QT's or 4WD's site, but maybe I just overlooked them.

A little background on my operation: I've been restoring Jeeps for a long time now, but I'm only starting to get into the retail sales side of the business. I'll be honest with you and tell you that if you buy from me, you won't get the items quite as quickly as you would from the "Big Guys", but I don't have a huge warehouse, 100s of employees and all that overhead that goes along with those things, so my prices are usually a bit better.

I'm working on building the website for my business, including online secure ordering, but until then, e-mail me with your needs and I'll take care of you.

Tim

http://www.PerformanceTruckandAuto.com[addsig]

Back