Just received my Rock Krusher Bumpers!

montana_jeepn

thanks alot you guys, i'll check the floor today

These things look great! Going to put them on tonight after I drop my bike off at the Honda shop.

Question for you folks: The Quadratec ad states "Allows fitment up to 33" x 12.50 tires, or most 35" tires with the addition of a 1" body lift"

Before I place my order for 33's at Tirerack.com, does this sound possible? :mrgreen:

I'm sure I'll be able to tell more when I actually put the bumpers on, but that seems pretty far fetched.

Thanks!

M_J

Your lift and wheel size will dictate what size tires will fit, I think they just advertise them that way meaning they will not interfere with oversized tires.

Don't those bumpers wrap around the back of the jeep a little? Perhaps it means when your jeep is flexing, a 35 may hit the part of the bumper that curves toward the wheel well.

Since you bought FRS RR BUMPER YJ/TJ-ROCK KRUSHER REAR KJ70020 these rear bumpers have a 2" inch wrap around the rear part that sticks in to the rear wheel well. what they are refering to is the tire size and rear end flex with them. if you want larger tires than 33's you will have to add an 1 inch lift kit so the 35's will not rub against the rear bumper part that sticks into the wheel well.

Thanks for the feedback! I have both the bumpers installed and they look great, however:

Had to drill out the bottom holes on both front and rear. The holes on the bumper were too narrow on the front, and too far back on the rear.

The top of the rear bumper was scuffed pretty bad from its ride to my place in the cardboard box. Haven't tried buffing it out yet (probably going to get scratched later anyways :) )

I figure for the price they should have been perfect, but overall I am please with them. Thanks again!

M_J

Back