death wobble

jackd0503

i drive an 01 tj with a 4" lift and 33's. about a month or so ago i was out wheeling when some gut on an atv cut me off and i enden up going into a bit of a ditch which shocked the hell out of my front driver side wheel. it ended up throwing my steering wheel off center and lodging a chunk of dirt and stuff between my tire and rim. for about 30 miles or so it still ran fine, but soon the steering wheel began to shimmy alot and the front wheels wobbled violently. when i slowed down or stopped it woulde go away and would drive fine for a while until it did it again. i had the wheel remounted and balanced and the front end aligned and everything was fine for a few weeks. now all of the sudden the death wobble has returned. does anyone know what might be the problem. i appreciate any help anyomne can give.[addsig]

check the steering stabalizer. mine did that to, and I replaced it and it went away.[addsig]

also check your hub bearings. could have got some dirt or somthing in there since you shocked it that hard[addsig]

Another thing to check.... check for a possible separated tire. It would balance out for a while then go back to wobbling again as it get worse. Just a thought.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back