Interior Lights w/ Doors off

Kaitlyn

Hey, Typical blonde move, :oops: I took the doors off of my 99 Wrangler and can't figure out how to get the interior lights to turn off, Please Help!! Thank you!!

There are two ways to do that. One involves pulling the fuse for those lights. I believe its #5 or #7, not sure because I don't ahve a TJ (maybe a TJ owner has the right fuse number). The second is what I did in my YJ. I installed a set of quick disconnect connectors inline into the wires leading to the door switch. It took about 30 each wire them and I just leave them disconneccted unless I feel the need to have interior lights.

TARSI

If wireing is not your expertice, just take the lights out. Pop the cover off and they just unsrew right out. Make sure you use a rag because those suckers get hot!
-jake

the fuse is #4 Bottom Right corner if the fuse box behind the Glove box

FUSE #4
FUSE #4

PS all the #4 fuse does is dis-able the door switches so you will no longer get an alarm if you leave the keys in the Jeep of if you leave your Lights on.

Or you could duck tape the little light buttons that your doors push when the doors are closed.

Go with fuse #4 #4 #4 ....that is the fastest and easiest ...:)

I knew somebody knew which fuse it was. At least I was close only 1 fuse away from being right :wink:

TARSI

you could duck tape the little light buttons

The only problem is if the tape gets loose and partially releases the switch. This could cause arcing which will either blow the fuse or burn the wiring :shock:

-Nick :!:

TJ For Sale

I just pulled the wire connector off the back of the button... estimated time: 1.3 seconds.

i'm with joop... pulling the wire from the switch, which sits RIGHT THERE in the open is quite easy... but that's for a YJ, not sure on the TJ...

On a TJ it is not easy to get to the switch on the Driver side. the Pass is easily reached though. Best and easiest bet for the TJ is the Fuse.

Back