1. Hey, Typical blonde move, I took the doors off of my 99 Wrangler and can't figure out how to get the interior lights to turn off, Please Help!! Thank you!!

Interior Lights w/ Doors off

There are two ways to do that. One involves pulling the fuse for those lights. I believe its #5 or #7, not sure because I don't ahve a TJ (maybe a TJ owner has the right fuse number). The second is what I did in my YJ. I installed a set of quick disconnect connectors inline into the wires leading to the door switch. It took about 30 each wire them and I just leave them disconneccted unless I feel the need to have interior lights.

TARSI

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4. If wireing is not your expertice, just take the lights out. Pop the cover off and they just unsrew right out. Make sure you use a rag because those suckers get hot!
    -jake

Its my 97!

the fuse is #4 Bottom Right corner if the fuse box behind the Glove box

FUSE #4
    FUSE #4

PS all the #4 fuse does is dis-able the door switches so you will no longer get an alarm if you leave the keys in the Jeep of if you leave your Lights on.
    On a long enough time-line,
    The survival rate for everyone
    Drops to Zero!

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ewaldenjg/

I second what L33 says. I have done it already and it works just fine.
    I have many addictions.. I mean hobbies!

Or you could duck tape the little light buttons that your doors push when the doors are closed.

Go with fuse #4 #4 #4 ....that is the fastest and easiest ...:)
    NEED A TRANNY FOR A 1988 YJ 4.2.....HELP

I knew somebody knew which fuse it was. At least I was close only 1 fuse away from being right :wink:

TARSI

you could duck tape the little light buttons
    The only problem is if the tape gets loose and partially releases the switch. This could cause arcing which will either blow the fuse or burn the wiring

-Nick
    1988 Jeep Cherokee w/ 410,000+ miles. Now a 100% Electric Vehicle!
    NO Gas, NO Emissions, NO Problem! -- http://www.DriveEV.com/

TJ For Sale

I just pulled the wire connector off the back of the button... estimated time: 1.3 seconds.
    91 YJ 4.0 5spd
    SOA + 1.5" reverse eye RE springs
    D44 LS Rear & ZJ Disks
    4.56 gears
    36"x14.5" Parnelli Jones'
    Jks discos
    Warn XD9000i
    Banks SS exhaust
    High Steer!
    And a bunch of home made stuff!

Stock 2005 Loaded WK, for now!

12. that's cause you have a YJ...not to user friendly
    LOL

Rob :P :)

LMAO ...user friendly huh ??? I thought all YJ's weren't user friendly to begin with ...hehehehehehehehe :)
    NEED A TRANNY FOR A 1988 YJ 4.2.....HELP

i'm with joop... pulling the wire from the switch, which sits RIGHT THERE in the open is quite easy... but that's for a YJ, not sure on the TJ...
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

On a TJ it is not easy to get to the switch on the Driver side. the Pass is easily reached though. Best and easiest bet for the TJ is the Fuse.
    On a long enough time-line,
    The survival rate for everyone
    Drops to Zero!

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ewaldenjg/