New Jeep girl in desperate need of help!

jeepmissy

I have always wanted a jeep, and just yesterday bought a 94 jeep wrangler sahara. I love it soooo much, but I'm having a problem. I realize this is a dumb question but I don't have anyone else to ask. I am putting on the soft top (which i love) and i know how attach it to the front, and the sides... and the windows... but i dont know how to attach it to the back end. There are little rims that fit around the corners which I attached....but along the very back... under the window im not sure how to fasten it down... there is a strip of velcro along the back door of the jeep but there is no velcro that i see on the base of the soft top anywhere under that back window. Is there a trick I'm missing... I live in WA and i want to know how to secure it before the rain comes... I feel stupid for asking this but any help would be appreciated... more than likely in the most step by step of ways.
Thanks you so much
happy new jeep owner,
Jeep Missy

Term Clarifications . . ..

I cant really give any advice on how to put on the soft top but i was wondering where your located in washington. I live in steilacoom, over by fort lewis and its good to see a jeepz.com member from my area. Welcome to the forum. ~ Justin

There should be one of two things back there. A lip on the rear door that it can attach to, or a bar that the back soft windo slides into to. Then the bar is posistioned and the rear door closed. Hard to say since i am not there, but thats the only 2 ways i have ever seen 87-95 soft tops done.

Welcome to the board and the Jeep world ....There are no dumb questions here ....I agree with Jracka that is the only way I have seen them ....You might be missing a peice....:)

Welcome to the board!

I agree with the two prior postings, but what appears to be your situation is that the bar that would attatch to the furthest most points of the tail gate is missing. The prior owner or the dealership, or who ever used velcrow to secure the window. It is a posibility that over time the other side has fallen away! Is there a sticky residue on the fabric window.

To give us a better Idea of what soft top you have, The rear side windows, There is a metal frame behind it that supports the top. do the bars look like a Y and are vissible through the window, or is it what is called a spreader bar (straight but folds into a V when top is down)and goes across the top of the window?

Yeah, my YJ has the bar and there are two lips on either side of the door that my bar goes into. Then the tailgate closes over the center section of the bar. Hope that helps and Welcome to Jeepz.com

TARSI

I went out this morning and looked and im still dumbfounded... The side windows have a bar that shape like a backwarks Y if that helps... But there is no bar on the back that i can find and for the life of me im not sure how it would work... its the space of the tailgate that i cant seem to find anyplace to attach the dang thing... it doesnt look like there is a piece missing but then again... what the heck do i know??? and there is no lip of plastic to stick anywhere....
there is this piece of rubber that runs the length... its is tube shaped but im not sure if that matters or what to do with it... there is no sticky residue or sign that there was velcro anywhere along that portion... and it doesnt pull down taunt enough to attach there anyways.... im at my wits end and desperatly praying that it just never rains here... I live near Seattle and despite all my faith I think im screwed.
help?

Looking For Local Jeep Favs

What you have in an incomplete bestop super top. You can contact bestop and tell them your problem and they can help you get the right parts. I will see if I can find some pictures of what you should have and post them.

the tube is part of the back piece of the top right? it should fit into a channel running along your tailgate...you feed the tube part in...hope your not missing any parts,may be the case ;) good luck!

re

I think the part they need is part #288.75 on the 2nd page of the link I posted. Also I think they need the corner belt rails part numbers 288.33 288.34

You guys are so amazingly helpful!... Thanks i figured out the part i need... they are quoting me 91.00... but its Seattle so what choice do i have.... Heres my new woe... after i drive her for about 10 minutes... the check engine light comes on.... everything seems to run alright... and all the gauges look fine... but it comes on... if i turn her off and turn her back on the light goes out but comes back within 10 minutes or so... any thoughts????

If the Check engine light is coming back on, it's obviously a repetitive problem. It sounds like the problem is only occuring on a Hot engine. You have an OBD-I style computer, so you'll have to take it to a mechanic to have the codes scanned. Once you know why the check engine light is on, we can help you fix it :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

I can't offer advice Jeep Missy cuz I have a TJ but I just wanted to stop by and say hello to the newest fem jeeper. I love to see more of them on Jeepz! I hope you get your kinks worked out and have some great times with your new toy.

Lady

Try to get some pics posted of your newly found jeep, i think the whole forum would like to see them. If you have any problems gettin them up there are tons of people here to help you with it.

MUST SEE!! FS: 1971 VW Bus Camper....trade for Jeep?

Welcome Missy and glad to have yet another jeep lady here. You sure know how to get these jeep guys attention first time out and asking how to put on your top! :oops: hehehe Glad to have you aboard and you never meet a nicer bunch of good ol folk to help you through the hard parts. Tug

I will get pictures soon...I have to get her all ready... Next weekend is my all girls weekend at the beach and i am driving 3 other girls and meeting up with two more to go play at the beach... I cant even imagine going with out my new baby now!... I love this board... I didnt realize that buying a jeep was like getting a new family...
LOL @ "You sure know how to get these jeep guys attention first time out and asking how to put on your top"
are you suggesting next time i ask them to help me take it off???
It also came with a Bikini top that i havent even tried to put on....sometimes its just better to go topless i guess!!
Again thanks for all your help!
New Jeep Girl and
LOVING IT!!!!

jeepmissy said:
sometimes its just better to go topless i guess!!

I second that motion. I always prefer a topless female jeeper thand one with her top on. :mrgreen: hehe, sorry I just couldn't resist.

TARSI

jeepmissy
are you suggesting next time i ask them to help me take it off???
It also came with a Bikini top that i havent even tried to put on....sometimes its just better to go topless i guess!!

are we talking about the jeep or not.
Thanks Tug, now my attention has really been caught lol

Were are ya located Jeepmissy? may I call you JM?

SCORE 1 for Johnny with the cheesy line :lol: lol
I think this post is heading down the wrong path, so who wants to follow!! :twisted:

I am starting to think pics are a requirement from this all girls beach weekend oh uh well I mean of the jeep of course! tug

Back