a little more power

billyboy72

My 97 TJ 2.5L is a little underpowered. I was thinking of putting on a throttle body spacer and a K&N filter. Does anyone know if this would add some much needed pep to my motor? Are there any potential problems I should watch for? Also, will this effect my gas mileage? I'm currently getting 15mpg and certainly don't want it to get any worse. I put about 60 -70 miles a day on my Jeep. I'm most concerned with gaining some mid-range power. I go up alot of hills everyday. What does everyone think? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>If all four wheels are on the ground, you ain't having fun yet.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

they're expensive, but I've heard good things about Jacob's ignition systems. I think it's similar to the TFI ignition upgrade. The air filter is a good start, and should improve your MPG (although probably not that much. The jacob's ignition should improve it also.

Terry[addsig]

the spacer did not do much for me, but the custom air intake did. I picked up in the mid range and got 2-3 mpg more. It also opened up the higher end also. Once I got over hearing the growling of mashing the gas, cuz these things hum, I picked up the MPG. The other thing you might want to do is change the exhast. the stock is very restrictive. This will help MPG and power also, better fuel mix. Just keep in mind that is still only a 4 cyl..

Good luck

Eastcoastoffroad.com

[addsig]

Back