SOA and Brake lines

I have a 3.5 suspension lift and a 1.25 in. shackle lift....if I did a SOA I would probably need new brake lines correct? WHat else would I need???What do you guys recommend for swaybars....take rear off and get a quick disconnect for the front? I need articulation! Thanks for the help.

First of all, what kind of Jeep are we talking about?
There is a lot more to doing a spring over than most people think. Also, articulation isn't everything. There is something to be said for comfortable suspension.
With a spring over you will need to do some serious modifications to the steering at that height. Your drag link will have to be lengthened and modified to get it back in the proper plane.
Your Jeep will set sky high when you first set the springs on top. Then a few months later you will wake up and realize that they have lost a lot of arch. This will be good in your case. I would put standard length shackles back on when you do the spring over. Use some that have the bar welded across the middle. That takes out a lot of body roll.
Next will be drive shafts. Yours are probably going to be too short. You may need a CV shaft for the rear.
Traction bars will also be necessary for the rear. If not your rear end will roll up when you hit the gas, and break the u-joint or pinion yoke on the rear shaft.
You will probably need new brake lines as well.
Don't forget about the welder for traction bars and perches.
I have done many SOA's and all work and ride well. It takes more time and money to do it right than just putting on a taller lift.
If you're not concerned with keeping the body stock, then I would suggest just cutting the fenders to the bone. A sawzall is $99 and some used TJ flares should be easy enough to find.
That's just my two cents.

there are many optional upgrades... but here is what you WILL need to do

-extend brake lines and breather lines
-modify steering with either a dropped pitman AND a z-drag, or a crossover kit
-slip yoke eliminator WITH a CV style driveshaft
-longer shocks
-rerouting or extending of front axle shifter lines

and with nearly 5 inches of lift already... you'll want a ladder to get in or out[/list]

Back