95 YJ 2.5 almost converted 2 95 YJ 4.0 w/ 2002 TJ 6 cylinder

KletusJeeps

OK i need some help here maybe you guys have seen or heard of this...I pulled the 4 cylinder out of my 95 and am dropping in a 2002 TJ engine (she is so pretty) However the motor mounts are back too far for the original 02 motor mounts to fit on the original 95 perches welded to the frame....however.. on the 2002 engine there are 2 extra bolt holes that line up and are perfectly spaced on both sides of the engine to fit the original perches (as if Jeep knew someone would put a TJ engine into a YJ). Only one drawback... the 2002 motor mount plates are too big to just be unbolted and rebolted further back the damn oil filter gets in the way. So does anyone know where a lad like myself could get something that works in this situation?

Kletus

i'd suggest getting the mounts from the 02 and welding them into the yj

Any reputable welding/machine shop can do this work. Just need ot find one willing to do it! My suggestion would be to find some one who does cusotm frame work for hot rods and such in your area, they would mind doing it for ya, hell they would probably want the experience!

I believe M.O.R.E. sells after market motor mounts, if not I know Blue torch fabrication does!!! both have web sites, but give them a call, they are definatly willing to help!

Johnny

Back