Seat Covers

mgaron

I was looking at some neoprene seat covers for my tj and was wondering if smittybilt seat covers were any good? I found front and back seats for 160. is this a good deal?

Some are better than others, be carefull what your buying! I bought a pair of fronts on ebay and I just resold them to some sucker. They sucked. If you want a good deal on good seat covers check out the new Fall Quadratec catalog. They have a deal where you buy a pair of fitted fronts for about 170 and you get a free back seat! Check it out. I don't know how long the deal is going on but I may jump on it myself.

Everything I've herd about smittybilt is that they make quality stuff. I personally have the Jeep/Mopar seat covers and I love em. The thing is they are a little pricy. The deal that Quadratec is running is a sweet one. I would jump on that if I didn't already have covers.

I bought smittybilt seat covers from Quadratec (the deal where you get the back cover for free). I just put them on today, so they havent really been weather tested.

I can tell you that it was a major pain putting them on...they just barely fit and you really really have to pull to get them on.

Plus, they dont cover the entire seat. The corners are still exposed. And there were a few blemishes (black spots on the tan area). The more I buy from Quadratec, the more I dislike quadratec.

Ford 8.8" rearend question....

I've had the Wet Oakle seat covers for almost 3 years now and I love em. They're made of neoprene so they're waterproof and they're not hot and sweaty to sit on in the summer.

rock slider recommendations

Try this name... Steel Horse. The smittybuilt line that is all new is all the old Steel horse crap. They bought them out when they went bankrupt. I myself have had many problems with the steel horse line and have found that smittybuilt did not improve on the line after bought it out, infact a lot of it still ships in the steel horse box with a smittybuilt sticker added onto it. If you are looking for good seat covers go with the wet okey or saddleman seat covers. Both offer a good neoprene seat cover that fits right and lasts.

Good thing this post came up or I wouldn't find out about these crappy fitting seat covers! They sure did look like a good deal but after what johnny7point0 said about them, it sounds like the extra money towards the wet okle covers would be worth it.

Back