Windshield Frames

Jeepskate

Does anyone know if a YJ windshield frame will fit my 84 CJ7? Mines just about to rust off the hinges. I've got a hard to and doors if it makes a difference. The only reason I ask is cuz I see more of them on Ebay and I'd like to keep it on the cheap with a used one.

I've heard the tubs are the same, but I haven't heard about the rest.

Thanks in advance

I think they bolt on the same, largest difference is the glass size.

I've heard that they are compatible, but i dont know anybody who's done the swap.
I've also heard that they have a better wiper system, so please let us know how it all turns out.

Yes, the defroster holes are different, but you can modify the YJ windshield frame in this respect.

While on the subject of replacement windshield frames... Does anyone have some experience with fiberglass replacements? Are they sturdy enough to handle the doors slamming and the wipers chugging away at high speed? I am going to have to replace mine in the next couple years due to rust.

No experience with them here, but the way I lay my side into the dirt when wheelin, I wouldn't want to waste the money.

My CJ came with a Fiberglass frame on it. So far I do seem to to like it. l you know in a year or two what I really think about it. So far it looks the same and works the same but it has not started to rust! hehehe Tug

It will fit, but the defroster is in the dash on a yj and in the windshield frame on a cj. Also the yj frame will have the holes on the inside for the rollbar attachment.

Back