!990 Wrangler,Vacuum Hose Nightmare.

wendellator

My jeep is a maze of hoses and emission controls.I Have a manual and considering repolacing all of themAre ther any unnecssary hose's i can eliminate?? Would the NUtter bypass help my situation?

Thanks for any help or links
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I don´t know anything about the nutter bypass, I doubt yout carb would function properly and would have to be replaced with a unregulated model. I´ve had some luck breaking the vacuum lines down into specific systems and loops by using colored elctrical tape and coloring the vacumm diagram I moved to this page with felt tip pens. It cleared things up in a hurry. The system really isn´t that involved. I´ve seen alot worse. It just takes awhile to figure it out. Don´t forget about the vacuum resevour under the battery, the lines are a little short and it´s easy to knock one off, when working on the motor.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

If you wire out the computer the need for most of all the vaccumn lines will be eliminated,because most of the vacumn lines are either sending information to the computer ie.ported and manifold vacumn positions. The only vacumn lines you will need are E.G.R vavle control (ported vacumn),Vacumn advance(dist)(manifold vacumn).If your vehicle is a YJ you will need vacumn feed for 4wd actuator,and heater box control and of course P.C.V valve (all three are manifold vacumn).So that is the bare minimum for vacumn lines so that your vehicle will run,providing of course you plug off all unused vacumn ports,the carb. is working properly and all other aspects of the fuel and ignition system. Hope I could help.[addsig]

Back