Muddy soft top forever?

jeepdude832

I have a 99 so the top is spice. I wheel in tan mud and I cant get it to come out of the soft top it looks like I get it out when it is wet but when it dries its still stained. Lately I have given up washing my jeep cause I get it dirty all the time. But since I am putting the hardtop on this week I was wondering if anybody new a trick to clean it properly like what chemical or something. Thanks

soft brissle scrub brush should get it out. Just make sure it is soft enough that it will not damage the top.

I have the same problems with white dirt bikes, I have used wd40 amoral and light cooking oil in spray bottles,,,, it will keep the mud from soaking in and will help it not stick. but, only spray it on just befor you go muddin or the dust will really stick.

cant get my stains out but im proud of mine so there gunna stay hehehe

I don't know if this will work on Jeep tops but on my white convertible top on my 442, I used 'GOJO' hand cleaner and a soft brush. Worked like a charm.

special tools??

Hello jeepdude832,

Rather than cleaning the top, you might consider spray painting it.

I have had very good luck using the fabric/vynil spray paints (actually, I think "spray dye" would be a more appropriate) available in most auto-parts stores.

I was initially very skeptical of the spray dyeing process, but I changed the color of the vynil fold & tumble rear seat of my CJ from red to black using a rattle can of Krylon. That dye job has held up surprisingly well: no sun fading, unaffected by rain, not sticky and the dye does not rub off on clothes.

This is a common practice in the used boat business when detailing a used boat for resale. Boat seats tend to sun-fade and the boat dealers often freshen up the seats with spray dyes.

Given the expense of a Jeep soft-top, skepticism is justified, but I offer the tip for what it might be worth. Your mileage might vary -- implement at your own risk.

Regards,

Gadget

Hey JeepDude,
Thought this might help.

RAGGTOPP Cleaner and Vinyl Protectant
A regular program of keeping the convertible top clean through regular washings BEFORE it gets dirty, will enhance the life and beauty of your convertible top and make successive cleaning easier. Safely removes the toughest roof soils and stains. Will not harm automotive finishes, chrome, trim, glass, vinyl, rubber or plastic windows. Environmentally friendly and biodegradable. Anti-Oxidant formula. Easy to rinse off. Retards the Retards the growth of mildew Don't forget to order the Raggtopp protectant #91083.101 or the kit #91083.100.

Found this @ quadratec.com.
If you havent been to this site i strongly suggest you check it out.
I also recommend you leave you leave your credit card in another room.

Back