Weber carb vacuum question

avyoung

I went out to see if I could find the ported vacuum to hook up to the Distributer like you guys said. I think I found it. Is it the one pointing to the valve cover on the left side (if looking from the front of the Jeep) of the base of the carb? If it is then I have another question. It goes into a thing with 3 vacuum lines one of which goes to the distributer. If I pull the ported vacuum from that splice thing and put it into the distributer than what do I do with the splice. It has 2 empty ports. I think the splice goes into one of the heater hoses.

Okay, the ported vacuum is the one facing the valve cover.
This provides a vacuum signal thats triggered by throttle. This goes straight to the distributor advance.
image-missing.png

This next mess of hoses is whats connected to the manifold vacuum. Note how they all come and go from the CTO. This is a temperature activated switch that connects to things like your EGR and evap canister purge signal when the engine warms up.

image-missing.png

Now as far as specific routing, I followed this except i REVERSED how he has the ported and manifold vacuum hooked up.
It didnt make any sense to have the manifold vacuum control the distributor advance.

image-missing.png

Of course when you're done do the ignition timing with the distributor advance disconnected. I just do mine by ear and by feel... My timing strobe broke 6 months ago and i don't miss it at all :D

When you are done you will be able to GUN the throttle and not have it hesitate, but get a nice surge of power now that your distributor advance is getting a proper signal from the throttle.

... or at least that's the way I understand it...
If someone disagrees with this hookup, PLEASE TELL ME!!! I'd hate to be doing this wrong all this time :roll: [/url]

Back