wide track axles?

jeepin916

whats the difference from wide track axles and narrow axles? someone told me that the axles that i got from a wagoneer were wide track but i dotn know what thats supposed to mean. all i know is that its a good axle and that its getting cramed with goodies when i get money. which will probably sometime next century hehehe

they are what the name says... they are wider but those waggy axles arent widetrak.... widetracks are 82-86 CJ7s, waggys are fullwidth

How do the widetrack CJ axles and the full size waggy axles compare? I assume the wagoneer axles are wider... How much?

Thanks.

85 Jeep Starter Bolts

damm 7 inches? so when i get these axles under my jeep im gunna be xtremely wide? niceeeee that means i can go xtremely higher too

What year wagoneer did your axles come from? Is your 79 CJ Quadratrac?
If I'm not mistaken, the Wag axles are 58" drum to drum. They really aren't that wide looking under the jeep. A buddy of mine swapped 79 Wag axles into his 76 CJ-7, it turned out pretty nice. The bolt pattern is a bummer if you have already bought nice rims.

Except for 1986, the widetrack CJ axles were the Dana 30 front and the AMC model 20 rear. "Modern" Wagoneer axles were the trusty Dana 44 front and rear until 1980 when they switched to an AMC20 in the rear and changed the front diff to the driver's side. The Wag axles are stronger even after they switched to a model 20 in the back because it came with one piece shafts where the CJ model got tapered two piece shafts.

Sorry, I wasn't paying close attention and I thought "jay79cj7" started this topic. That's why I assumed you had a 79 CJ.

Okay, then you have a drivers side differential Dana 44 front and a centered AMC 20 rear with one piece 29 spline axle shafts(I think). I don't have any experience with TJs, but those axles make VERY nice substitutes for factory YJ axles. Widetrack CJ axles won't do you much good unless you are swapping transfer cases too. They have a passenger side diff.

front and rear bumpers

well the waggie i got the axles off of has a driver side drop diff and they are dana 44's front and rear they dont look that much wider than my TJ axles but it would probably give me some width for better stability

Back