Rough country 4" lift on TJ

greglaw

Has anyone used the 4" lift kit from Rough Country on their TJ?

Did it have everything you needed to complete the lift or did you have to buy extra goodies?

How is the quality, are the brackets powder coated?

Does it ride well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Greg~

Last edited by a moderator:

A friend fo mine has an RC lift and loves it. I'm not sure if he got all the goodies with it, but I'll ask him.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

My Rough Country 4" X Series lift for my 2005 TJ Rubicon arrived yesterday afternoon! Will try to do a pictorial of the install. Any tips appreciated.

Welcome to Jeepz.com jhd744

Post up photos of your install, we'd love to see them.
As for tips:
  • air tools make life easier
  • be sure to torque everything to spec with a torque wrench
  • get (or do yourself) and alignment when you finish. Firestone will sell you a lifetime alignment which comes in handy.

I had a 4" rc lift on my 06 tj unlimited. Installed in '08. I liked it just fine. I drove it on road and off. Offroad frequently in a lot of mud, rocks, and creeks. Everything you need is included. I replaced the shocks last year with another set of rc. Not too expensive. $40+something ea if I remember.
A note: with the swaybar disconnected and driver side extended, the front drive shaft rubbed the factory skid plate that runs across the midsection of the jeep, so I had to cut the plate. I had over an inch further drop after making the extra room. I don't know if that will be a problem with the shorter wheelbase TJs, but look for it.

On a tj your drive shaft will need to be longer or a slip yolk eliminator needed.
Also you need to pay attention to the drive shaft angle or you have vibrations.

Back