Lift installed... Finally!!!

erhild

Welp, got my lift put on this weekend... Well, most of it anyway... It's an RE 4 incher... The only real obstacles were getting the springs off the inner perches as the bolts had formed an unbreakable bond with the sleeves inside the spring eye bushings... A cutoff wheel and a little prying solved that... Only things I have left are extending the brake lines, rerouting the emergency brake, and installing the rear shocks (RE sent the wrong ones :cry: )...

Also need to get the last 3 tires bought, mounted, balanced and put on, but that will need to wait til next payday or so... I am happy to say, I paid the entire thing in cash (including a new air compressor and air tools)... It's amazing how much $$$ you can save only eating chips and salsa for supper (the wife is currently deployed to Oman)... Plus, I lost about 10 pounds... almost back to fighting weight... :lol:

I'll post pics when I get home from work tonight... I'm soooo happy... YAY ME!!!

Much of the info for this lift was gleaned from these boards... I really appreciate all the help you guys give...

Spring on driver's side
image-missing.png

Spring on passenger side... PLEASE NOTE the ultra dangerous jack stands on cinderblock routine... Shame on me...
image-missing.png

Had to jack the springs up to the axle...
image-missing.png

Close up of the finished prodect...
image-missing.png

Simulating what it will look like then the tires are on...
image-missing.png

Shot of the difference between 30x9.5s and 33x12.5s...
image-missing.png

The whole shebang...
image-missing.png

I'm 6ft tall, so you can see how tall she is...
image-missing.png

And a pic from a week after I got her for comparison purposes...
image-missing.png

Looks great! Pardon for stating the obvious, but if you had to cut the main eye bolts (I had to cut one), I hope you realized it is a bigger bolt, if you used the same bolt that is used in the shackle, you could end up rounding out the main eye holes because that sucker will move around a little bit. I did mine on a Sunday, and put the smaller bolt in, but replaced it Monday with a stock replacement from Chrysler. It only took about 5 minutes after setting up my tools.

Engine Swap - 1st installment

TwistedCopper said:
Looks great! Pardon for stating the obvious, but if you had to cut the main eye bolts (I had to cut one), I hope you realized it is a bigger bolt, if you used the same bolt that is used in the shackle, you could end up rounding out the main eye holes because that sucker will move around a little bit. I did mine on a Sunday, and put the smaller bolt in, but replaced it Monday with a stock replacement from Chrysler. It only took about 5 minutes after setting up my tools.

Actually, yeah, I went and got all new bolts (grade 8s)... I will be checking them as time goes by to ensure they are holding up...

Yeah, that's my wife's 98 XJ... It's got a 2 inch lift and 30x9.5 Kumho MTs... It's her little baby...

Back when she drove a Sunbird, she says she couldn't stand to see it dirty... But, now that she has the Jeep, she says she doesn't really like it clean... :D

Back