'99 Wrangler TJ-need to know how to attach the rear window,

repoman

My 99 wrangler sport doesn't have the metal lip, just above the trunk. It has it all around the sides, where the softtop goes, but not directly on the back. As a result, the 2 small 4 inch weatherstripping pieces that are on teh rear window, hang, and rain gets into my jeep. Tj owners, how do you attach the rear window?! The top is a BESTTOP.

Thanks

Dave[addsig]

WHen I got my new Bestop, it came with new "lips" that screw in in place of the factory ones. These are black and actually sit onto of the body tub. There should be a long metal bar that runs along the bottom of the window and sticks out from the sides a couples inches. The part that sticks out goes into these "lips". There are also a couple plastic tabs on either side of the window that go into the channel on the back. Same way the side windows do. If you are missing any pieces, contact Bestop, and they have replacement parts. Hope this helps a little more. Go to www.bestop.com and click on the instructions. there you will see a diagram of what I mean.[addsig]

I am not sure about the 99' TJ, but my 2001 has a removable rail that the trunk door closes against. This rail receives the bottom of the rear window in a small round track. The bottom left and right side of the window use the plastic tab (like on the side windows) to secure into a lip (like you have described as missing). I believe that repoman is correct in that there are clips that can be installed on the tub to secure the rear window.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back