Ques about Removing rear track bar on YJ

88WRANGRED

Pitman Arm... Putter On-er

pros, cons. What shold i look out for when removing it. i plan on doing it tomorrow after work at my friend's shop, so any input would be great. Thanks in advance.

It's pretty straighforward to remove, just a bolt at each end. You'll need a torx socket to remove the bolts, maybe a T55.

I can't think of any cons, it's not really needed as the axle tracks straight behind the solid spring hangers.

Just the opposite in front, where the axle tracks behind the shackles and the steering introduces side-to-side forces on the axle.

It is one of the ezest mods and has no down side. Cut the bolts out with a torch on mine. Good Luck and you will not regreat it. Next get you some of them disco's on the front. Tug

my bolt was siezed up... ended up using the cutting wheel

thank for the input, i'll be doing the mod tonight after work, i'm also going to mount rear tow hooks to my frame similar to this:

image-missing.png

That's how I have mine mounted, but you don't have to put it at such a steep angle. You want it as parallel to the frame as possible so you're not pulling the hook sideways.
DSCN3061JPG-1.jpg

Bounty, Doesn't the tow strap rub along the back side of the frame and where your rear bumper mounts are. other than that are there any other downsides to haveing them mounted there?

The strap will often rest against the rear crossmember, but it won't damage the strap.

Back