Clutch is messed up again!!!

Jeepster05

jeepz.com getting really slow, big pics

About 3 months ago I replaced the slave cylinder on my 90 YJ. Shifting hasn't been too smooth since. Now once again my clutch is mushy. I'm going to try bleeding it, but I know thats usually just a temporary solution. I didn't replace my master cylinder when the new slave was installed. If that master goes will it take the slave with it?

Did you go ahead and do the clutch and presure plate while you were in there? Are you looseing fluid? Are you mad yet? heheh tug

bleeding it MAY NOT just be a temp fix.... if there is air in the lines, and your cylinders are good.. then getting the air out should take care of the problem... another thing, the master and slave are independent of each other... if one goes, it just goes, the other may still be just fine

bumper bolts??

Ya i changed the clutch and pressure plate at the same time as the slave. And I'm not losing any fluid so i guess it's just air in the lines.

did you bleed the ENTIRE system? if there is air ANYWHERE between the master and slave, you'll have that

Back