4 Miles to the Gallon on my 2.5L....HELP!

jmyers

I recently purchase a 1988 Jeep Wrangler with a 2.5L. I did the normal tune-up: Plugs, K&N Filter, wires, cap, rotor, oil change... I have been experiencing very hard starts. I always need to give the engine gas while turning the engine over or it will not start (this puppy is Fuel Injected) It turns out that the injector is pumping gasoling into the throttle body when I turn the ignition on (NOT TO START, but just on when you hear the Fuel pump activate) The Jeep is running very very rich and after it's warmed up, I can only start it if I floor it and let the starter turn for approx. 30 seconds straight. Does anyone have a clue on what the problem could be? I'm thinking it's some sensor that's telling my injector to stay open, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out, PLEASE!

Hey man, i have an 88 to, mines a cherokee 4.0 i dropped in her but i have it carburated and i have the same trouble, well i did. If yours is carburated then clean out your carburater and lower the float level. What its doing is fillin up with gas when you turn off and then when u go to start its flooded. So you have to hold the pedal down to open the choke. I had these problems with my carburater. Right me back if its injected and i can give you some clues maybe. e-mail is danny@dudleyfamily.com peace man.

bigbadYJ

Back