No Moe Carb Blues No Moe

Tug-n-pull

:D To say the least I am so Happy. Today I took off a half a day to get the Jeep Carb Job done. The MotorCraft 2150 is on and set and running like a champ.

I want to thank all the input and help from all here that got involved. I would name names but wish to leave no one out. You know who you are.

It is the 1.21 body size rather than the 1.08 that I could not fine anywhere. I ma told that should be to large for my jeep engin. Might still be. Made up a linkage and found a couple of vacuume leaks all fixed up now. The inlet from the manifold to the carb heater was cracked as was the inlet from the Break booster. Bought a tri angle shaped Air cleaner fit nice. looks good.

I bought a used valve cover the other day at a bone yard. Wire wheeled it up and painted it Cummings Green put it on as well as I had a major oil leak from the old gasket. I hope this fixed it up. Will be doing a valve seal rocker bridge and pivoit replacement next.

Rob and I took her up a short tail tonight to see how it runs and man what a difference. As for angles set her up a 40 plus degree banks of soft dirt and let her set spin in the dirt and idle in 4 lo for near a min. no skip or loading up or even a miss during the time. So angles are not a problem at this time.

Still loads up a tiny bit in you gage it so I will have to get use to going into it slower. The pick up on the road is big change. The rpm range seems to be much higher and gets there much faster as well.

Tomorow I will try and get glasspack on there to see if that makes a difference other than sound. I am looking at if it has that much more cfm going in there should be that much more coming out. hehehe Tug

good to hear...when i had carb probs with my yj there where alot of people here to help me do my weber install. after i got the carb tuned just right it was like a different jeep.

glad to hear you are doing better with it... those angles can be a pain... we can't have them stopping your fun just because of a delivery problem

Back