Front Axle Swap

jeepin916

Before i send out my jeep to get D44's put under it i was wondering if the steering linkages will have to be changed?
The D44 has all its original linkages and new tierod ends, and i was thinking that i can just use those and connect them all to my pitman arm. Is that the way to do it or is there a better way?
The D44's are out of a waggie so i think there a little longer than my D30.

might have to have a custom linkage made, but that is simply a bar with the ends tapped for tie rod ends

you should also make sure that the steering knuckles are high enough to work with your application. for my rig's full sized dana 44 i need to use chevy high knuckles and steering linkage in order to clear it from my springs. :cry: also need to change the spindle, caliper in order to make it work.lol its a jeep thing i guess. :D

ohhh i dont have leafs so it wont be a problem for me, as for ths tie rod tubes why should i need to change those? shouldnt they stay there since they are just connecting one spindle to the other?

i wasn't quite sure what rod/link you were talking about... i was speaking of the drag link

i was talking about the link from the pitman arm down to the knuckle, that was the only rod that i figured that i would have to change, or shorten

^%#@$ HEATER!!!!!

that is the draglink... just what i was speaking of... which is what bounty is also talking about... you can have one made, or you can have the stock one made to the right length

Back