Dome light issues

bmsgolf

I just bought a 95 Wrangler. It has a sound bar with the dome light. I can't get the dome light to work. I can follow the wires all the way to under the glove box. I can hook a lead up to that point and get the dome light to work off a 9 volt battery. It is a pink and yellow wire. Where does it tie into and is it fuse based? I have noticed even the little light next to the emergency brake doesn't work. :?:

Welcome! As for where does it hook up, don't know. Do you still have door light presure switches on you jeep? Are they hot? Are the wires hooked up to the presure switches if they are hot? Just trace the steps back to the source. Do your under dash lights come on when you open the doors? If so hook into the wires that run to them. If not run a new hot and add a switch under the dash for the dome lights. Thre are many questions and answers that can apply here the correct one will come from your eyes on opperation though. Best of luck in the jungles of jeep wiredom. tug

The switches on the doors are not hot, they are ground. Just find a 12 volt wire you can splice into. Add an inline fuse, and attach the dome light wire to it. Then attache the ground wire to the door switch. If the lights under the dash are not working, check the fuse first and then check the bulbs.-al

December 6th New England offroad

The TJ has a disabling fuse behind the glovebox for the dome lite. Dont know about the YJ.

If none of the lights are working, check the fuses, and also are the door triggers hooked up?

Does the dome light and the kickpanel light turn on with the dash dimmer switch? If so, then your problem is in the door plunger switches. They have spade connecters on the back where the wires are connected, may have been disconnected by a previous owner when the doors were removed.

Dana 35 complete rear ~ NJ

OK, Several questions. First thanks for all the input.
1. I have not dome light or under dash light period, even turning on the switch by the head lights.
2. I have tried to trace wires to a fuse and loose it underneath the stearing column. I have checked all the fuses and can't find one burned out.Is the fuse for this under the hood or the block under the dash.
3. I do not have a door ajar switch on Passenger side. Would this cause it not to function? There is a pink and yellow wire that looks just like the one pluged into the driver side switch. Could this be the case. I ordered one and it is only $7.00 from the dealer.

All your input and help is much appreciated.

The switch on the passengers side will NOT affect it. Try checking the owners manual or checking each fuse. The fuse should be inside the Jeep. Try checking the light bulbs. If you have an electrical tester, check to see if there is power in the socket under the dash. -al

Back