Need New JEEPIN buddies Located in NC!

KletusJeeps

Well fellas my Jeep isn't running just yet but it will be soon. The sad thing is I have to leave my current position at work in Oklahoma City Oklahoma and move to Rocky Mount North Carolina. The company is moving me and it is a great move for me finacially but...I gotta find some new Jeepin buddies out in that area.... Anyone live and Jeep around the Rocky Mount North Carolina area?

Kletus

Well you are going to be 6 hours away from me and I have alot of trails I am willing to share with you any time you can find the time to come on over. PASmokeater lives here now and we have several locals always willing ot go for a trail ride. That is at least something. tug :lol:

6 hours isn't too bad... Lets just hope I can get this TJ engine to fire up sometime in the near future. Sad thing is she has to stay here and be shipped by the shipping company and then finished in NC. I surely am not gettin it finished before the 23rd of this month.

Kletus

Hang in ther maybe We can come out and give a hand if needed one week end. We will get it all up and running one way or another. tug

Tug I may just take you up on that offer once I get settled in out in NC. Here in Oklahoma we love to grill... I grill most year round and can grill some killer T-Bone steaks. Won the amateur cook off 2 years in a row with my T-Bones.... I would make it worth your 6-hour trip that’s for sure.

I'm here in Raleigh too. Plenty of trails here. let me know when u move here.

There are plenty of Jeepers around NC. There is a 4 wheel drive shop in Wilson that developed a trick Dana 300 set-up that was featured in JP Magazine. You can take your Jeep to the Outer Banks and ride on the beach. There are a couple of National Forests that offer trails. I know of two four wheel drive clubs in the area. I'm about an hour from Rocky Mount. I take my Jeep to the north end of Carolina Beach to surf fish. Get that Jeep runn'in and come on down.

Fog lights

Thanks my fellow Jeepers...

It should be about 2 or 3 months by the time my house here in Oklahoma sells and I purchase a new home in either Rocky Mount, Greenville, Wilson, or Tarboro. I will be working in Tarboro. House features are completely different from here to there. here you can get 1 acre of land easily ....there it is like pullin teeth! Here a garage is on ever single house.... there they are few and far between....who likes carports anyway?

Today I made TONS of progress... It does my Jeep and me good to see that all wires are finished except about 3 dozen wires and most of those will be caped because they are for things I don't have on the YJ nor do I want or need. (ABS, AIR, Air Bags, and extra fluff that Jeep put on the TJ)

Can't wait to get out there and see what its like in NC off roadin...
I can tell you Oklahoma red dirt (clay) is no joke and impossible to climb no matter what rig your in.

KLETUS

Your going to love Carolina. Very Layed back and friendly state. Good people. tug

Back