Diagrams needed..Seen them here once before.

KletusJeeps

I seen a few of these diagrams up here before but can not seem to find them now.

02 vacuum off the intake manifold what the lines go to.
02 serpentine belt how that thing is ran.

95 vacuum lines for shifting into 4wd (Tug I think this was you buddy)

Let me know

Kletus

CJ/YJ/TJ mod

The manifold vacuum for the front axle disconnect is a red line running across the firewall to the battery.

Since you have a '95 you could have two different serpentine routings, they switched mid-year and began routing the belt similar to TJ's. Don't know of any diagrams, you may just have to look at another jeep's belt.
The pics here: http://www.getahelmet.com/maint/belt.htm are a bit large, I don't know if they'll help.

image-missing.png

Ok bounty that is one of them i seen before...

I have this vacuum line that has 4 holes that plugs into my transfer case

there are only 3 lines coming out of it.

1 is an electrical plug so I assume that is the dash indicator telling you if you are in 4wd or not because it only says 4wd and nothing else. (yellow)

number 2 goes to the front axle to complete the vacuum (Green and Yellow)

and number 3 are vacuum lines that look like the belong on the exhaust mainfold to create the vacuum.... (red) but not for sure on that

as for the (purple)vent/check valve I am not for sure I have one...
I will certainly post pics if it will make my description easier.

Thanks again
Kletus

Of the four vacuum lines that attach to the switch in the transfer case:
  • Two go to the front axle along the pass. side framerail
    One ends in a black plastic vent cap next to the battery
    One goes next to the battery then elbows to a line across the firewall to the intake manifold.

I've got a '95 also so I can look at my jeep to confirm hose color if needed.

That looks like the vent cap for the vacuum line from the transfer case 4-way to near the battery. It should be mounted right next to the battery. Where'd you find it?

That is a great big ol pic heheeh I think it is the vent cap. not sure. tug

Well it traveled along the pass side and up next to the battery... is this just a vent?? do I need to put anything over it? Here are a few other pics, smaller in size, of the TJ I6 in the ole' YJ body.

This is the Race Jeep pic...everything else in my garage had a number on it so why not the jeep?
http://65.67.246.27/7.jpg

This is what I have been doing for the past few WEEKS!!! Lots of wiring to make everything work ya know...
http://65.67.246.27/DangleDangle.jpg

thanks for helpin out bounty ... now i only need to find the intake manifold diagram and I am golden

Thanks again,

Kletus

Yes, it's just a vent, and it belongs there next to the battery. I know it doesn't look right, but it is, I never knew what it was for years and always thought something should be plugged into it.

You've been really busy, looks like you've done a good job. What motor did the '95 YJ have before the swap?

It had the original 4 cylinder in it with an auto. An ole boy in Kansas got rear-ended and was selling the parts... I picked everything up that he had left (engine, tcase, transmission, wiring, dash, wire harness etc..)

The YJ should only have one more vacuum line than the TJ engine had when it was in the TJ, and it's the red line that's the source vacuum going to the transfer case. Just means an extra T splitter on the intake manifold.

Can anybody tell me what DC did to the 231 transfer case to block off the vacuum switch on the top starting in '97? When they did away with the front axle disconnect.

Back