Power Steering Pump

Get a pully puller. There is one at autozone that can take it off and re-install it. I think it is $15-20.

I hate it. You have to buy a differant puller for everything it is a pain in the but.

If you go buy one they have 2 differant kinds. They have just a puller and they have the puller install one. The puller has 2 arms on a block with 2 screws that hold the arm. The other one looks nothing like a puller but I think it would be better. If not you need a bolt and some washers to install the pulley.

I called Auto Zone, and they said I can rent a power steering pully puller for $40, and when I return it I get the $40 back.

What do ya think? I'll probably just bring in the 2 pumps and pull the pullies right there..

I Like having the tools around if you need them. They should only charge you the price of the item from what I understand but maybe it is a nicer one then they have out here. I used mine 3 or 4 times because I had some bad parts. Free is always good but may be a hassle.

It's not a hassle at all. I did the "RENT FOR FREE" thing from Autozone and it was quite simple. Just go in, buy the tool, go home and use it. Bring it back and get your money back. Very nice setup. Most should only use pully pullers once in a blue moon anyways.

C

Thats what we are gonna do. If we find we are pulling pullies like it aint no thang, then I will buy one.

avyoung, THANKS SOO MUCH! A huge help. There would have been a couch sleeper tonight(not me), if we didn't get that pully off.

Back