noise in piece of crap

bryanjeep

rear pinion seal leak

Hey guys, I have a noise in my 2.5 now. Just my luck! Months before my new engine goes in! I really dont even think I want to bother with it, but I am just curious. What is it? It is coming from the underneath side. Sounds like it is coming from the crank. I got down there when it was running and put my ear up to the oil pan. And it sounds like it comes from there.

I also have another noise coming from transmission i think. It is like a metalic scraping. Clutch is still new. It happens when I am moving. Not at stand still.

This really is just my luck that all of this is happening now. Almost 100,00 miles. I have NO power at all. Just to prove my point, I can't even screech my tires on wet pavement :evil: . Not like I do that often but I was mad and tried to take off the other day. Gave it all she had and wouldn't even spin the tire. My engine must really be upset with me, because she sees a nice blue chevy small block sitting in my gage ready to replace her. Yup, finally after all this waiting, I got it. Now all I need is all those other million parts for the swap :D ! IT ADDS UP. Well, I will try to get pics to show ya'll. Anyway, if you have answers. Please let me know. Thanks guys.........p.s. great engine prices for anyone looking for one> http://www.rebuiltautoengines.com/

Scraping noise sounds like the brakes. Whatcha gonna do with the 2.5L and AX5 after you pull them?

I was planning on blowing it up. I didnt think anybody would consider buying it. Why do you want it?
It sound like the scraping is from the transmission though. I am almost certain, but I will check the brakes.

It is like a light clicking and tapping noise. I was thinking it is either my lower bearings being that it sounds like it is right on the other side of the oil pan.
The problem is trying to find somebodyt to buy that transmission. It still works, it get me into the city everyday.

bryanjeep said:
I have NO power at all. Just to prove my point, I can't even screech my tires on wet pavement

imagine my position... i'm in that boat with a 4.0... still got the torque, but don't have the power

Back