THANX TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED!!

1981CJ5

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped me solve my starting problem. After replacing the starter, solenoid, battery and battery cables, my '81 CJ5 now runs, once again.

I think I had mentioned that the old starter was the original, numbered to the block and all, so it had more than served its time.

One question though, is it just me or are jeeps cold natured? I know Fords are famous for being cold natured and Jeeps have alot of Ford parts, is this the reason? My "girl" idles very rough at start, but when warmed up, she does much better.

I am still running with the carter BBD, 258. Guess I may need to play with the BBD some more to get her tuned in better.

22 years old and still getting better gas mileage than new jeeps, 18mpg, city and hwy. She ain't doin' to bad.

Thanks again. Joel

Sure is good to hear it is running. Nothing more sad than a fellow Jeeper standing with the hood up scraching his or her noggin! I love it when a plan comes together! tug :wink:

Mine will barely run when it is cold. I can get it going but if you push the pedel to far it will backfire and die. It takes me about 1/2 mile before it runs, thats after warming up for a few minutes. I have never had a problem with fords in the cold but I know the chev 350 is very cold blooded.

Back