if its not one thing its another...

allabs5150

94 grand cherokee, dying

Well really not a big deal just a pain in the a$$ till the weekend when i have time to mess with it......grabbed the driver side door handle to open the door on my 87 YJ and pop the door handle pulls out like it would normally do to open the door , but does not open the door, the door can be opend from the inside was just wondering if its a spring or what type of set up is in there before i take the inner door panel off to take a look.

This happen to any of you guys??? what was the fix?

Thanks

Yup Bro that is the way it works. Get a day off somethnig is going to break. Fix that and something else is going to break. The only thing that is good about a jeep breaking is they are not all that hard to fix. I am learning to love my old 79 CJ cause it is liek very simple to do repairs on. As for you door handle can't help you out never tore one down but cant be to hard to figure out. tug

I've never had mine break, but it's pretty simple inside the panel. Just some long skinny steel rods that hook onto the paddle and the lock mechanism. At least thats what it's like on half doors. You didn't really specify full or half doors. Should be easy, but you might break a few retaining clips getting the panel off. Most auto part stores have universal replacements.

C

Went wheeling today PICS are WORKING

On my door i have a string going to the connecting rods to open the door and going out the vent window. I have to pull the string to open the door. there is a rivet on the door handle, mine broke and i lost the piect that connects to it that contacts the rod connector that in turns moves the rod to open the door. you can get new handles for the doors on e-bay pretty cheap. I think i saw them for $24 a pair.

Back