my YJ modifications

Jeeper84

I was thinking of buying the Rubicon Express 4.5" lift. Do I need a new rear drive shaft or any other parts? Will I need any special tools to do this (if so, I'll just wait untill i have it here at college)? I wont have the wheels or tires right away.... how stupid will i look with a lifted Jeep on 30's? -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Get the SLIP YOKE ELIMIATOR kit for the read drive shaft. If not you may have driveline vibrations. 30's would look a little small with 4.5". I'd go 33's.[addsig]

I'll eventually get 33's or 35's, but i wont have the money right away. i was just wondering if i'd look stupid driving around with 30's for a little bit[addsig]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The old saying goes that Jeeps are built not bought. Anyone asks, tell them you have a fund set up to buy 33" tires and would they like to contribute
image-missing.png
. It all takes time and money. Go ahead and spend it we'll make more. Either way enjoy your Jeep.

One thought...raising the Jeep with a lift without larger (especially wider) tires may tend to make things a bit more tippy
image-missing.png
Just take care when cornering or in off camber situations.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

"Jeeplover" hit the nail on the head. Forget about looking stupid. Think about safety. If you put a 4.5" lift in, you'll have an even higher center of gravity, then it will be compounded with small (stock) width tires. You'll be a roll over just waiting to happen.[addsig]

Back